What products can I recycle for free?
You can return all kitchen appliances including fridges, washing machines, dishwashers, cookers etc as well as smaller items like kettles, toasters, blenders, remote controls, batteries or electric toothbrushes. Even your old bicycle lamps can be recycled!
Do I need to have made a purchase at Walsh Bros Electrical to recycle?
No. You can recycle any of the above items at our store even if you have not made a purchase with us.
How do I return my old product to be recycled?
You can return your old product to our store. For store location please see our store location and hours.
Will you collect my old product?
If you are getting a new product delivered we’ll take your old one back to be recycled. Please ensure your old appliance is disconnected, clean and ready for the driver at the time of delivery.
How much will it cost?
There is no charge to return products to our store.
Why should I recycle through Walsh Bros Electrical?
We will ensure that your old product is disposed of correctly to reduce the potentially harmful effects caused on the environment and to conserve natural resources.
Further information can be found on weeeireland.ie
From 1st July 2014, the following EMC’s apply to some items of electrical equipment:
• Large refrigeration: €10.00 (side-by-side/ American style fridges)
• Smaller refrigeration: €5.00 (larder/two door/ under counter fridges, chest freezers above and below 150 litres)
• Large appliances: €5.00 (washing machines, dryers, cookers)
• Large T.V.’s: €5.00 (73+cm)
• Gas discharge lamps: €0.15 (All fluorescent lamps, CFL’s, sodium and metal halide lamps)
• LED light sources: €0.05 (LED Lamps & Luminaires, with the exception of LED household luminaires)